Sunday, February 04, 2007

You Never Know Who You'll Meet

I apologize for the long silence - I took a real vacation! I've been on a cruise for the last week with my brother and sister-in-law. It was a bit stormy, but wonderful nonetheless.

Of course a cruise is THE time to let your hair down, relax, party : ), and forget about everyday life. Having said that, I must admit that I was reminded of the old maxim - It's a small world. As tends to happen in the normal course of conversation, those of us seated at the same dining table began discussing our professions. I had (thank goodness) practiced what I preach and placed several business cards in my evening clutch. I handed them ALL out! (Fortunately, I had several more in my laptop case in my cabin for the rest of the trip!)

I did not 'do' business or anything of the sort -- I truly took a vacation. However, now that I'm back in the swing of things, I will be following up on those connections. Moral of the story: Always carry your business cards - you never know who you will meet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you never know where or when you will meet people networking. It might be for business or pleasure, so carrying your business cards is always important